Take advantage of the programming offered by our local arts groups to get children involved!
- The Juneau-Douglas City Museum inspires learning through permanent and temporary gallery exhibits, FREE walking tours of the State Capitol and historic sites in Juneau as well as classroom education tours and more.
- Annual Children’s Bookmark Contest: Every year since 1981 the Friends of the Juneau Public Libraries has sponsored a Bookmark Contest for children in pre-school through high school.
- Each year, Perseverance Theatre welcomes students to the mainstage for the Summer Theatre Arts Rendesvouz (STAR) Summer Camp.
- With every show, within every staged moment, whether comedy or tragedy, our objective is delight and our mission is to bring
our artists, our audience and our community together in joy.
- Juneau Symphony offers resources for kids, such as one-on-one instruction for students, strings summer camp, music in schools programs, and more.
- Juneau Jazz & Classics presents programs that enrich the cultural & music experiences in Southeast Alaska. Each year, Juneau Jazz & Classics serves an estimated 4,000 students through workshops, school concerts, clinics, a scholarship program and a host of free informal concerts, all an integral part of our mission to make our artists and their music accessible to everyone.
- Offers workshops, choral training, and hosts other choirs from around the country; with a goal of developing and encouraging life-long learning, enjoyment, and love of music.
Bloom offers a range of classes, open studio time, themed workshops and special events for children and families.
Juneau Makerspace provides space, tools, and equipment to the community of Juneau to promote creativity, education, exploration, and innovation.