HELPFUL ARTICLES, LINKS, AND INFORMATION
We've put this resource page together to help artists better prepare for exhibits in virtual and digital world. You may also find these tools useful in your professional practices.
If you can think of any other useful information or if you have other resources to share with us, please send us an email!
For JAHC Gallery Artists
The JAHC Gallery Program is currently using Exhibbit to continue monthly exhibitions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Artists currently scheduled for a virtual exhibition should keep in mind the following when preparing artwork images:
- Images need to be sharply focused, evenly-lit, hi-resolution photographs, saved in un-compressed .jpg format.
- Make sure your camera is at 90 degrees to the artwork.
- Position the lights on either side of the artwork at 45 degree angles.
- Use Photoshop, or another utility, to crop the background out.
- To produce the best quality for detailed inspection, your images should be at least 2048 pixels in their longest dimension at 72 dpi.
- Make sure to save images at maximum quality.
And be sure to read through the resources below: