Individual Artist Grants
Eligibility & Award Information:
- Eligibility: All
- Subject: Visual and Performing Arts
- Award Amount: usually $1000
- Award Dates: July 1, 2024– June 30 2025
- Application Due: April 15, 2024 by 5 PM
The Individual Artist Grant is intended to assist experienced artists of exceptional talent to produce original works of art or career advancement. Artists in any creative discipline may apply. Grants may not exceed $1000, and applicants will be scheduled for a 15-minute interview with grant adjudicators at a time to be announced.
To qualify for an Individual Artists Grant, the applicant must:
- submit original work samples that demonstrate exceptional talent and professional commitment;
- have been a Juneau resident for the past year, currently residing here; and planning to reside in Juneau for the duration of the grant project;
- not have received an Individual Artist Grant from JAHC in the previous grant cycle;
- fulfilled all reporting requirements for any prior grant award
Projects may not already be receiving funding from CBJ under another grant or budget program. Funds may be used for the artistic and professional development of the artist, or for the development of a work of art by the applicant.
We suggest completing filling out this form and copying and pasting the sections into the online form. Then save your document for future reference. Unfortunately this online tool does not allow to go back in and make corrections and it does not print well.