We are excited to announce
Call for Public Art: Request for Proposal
Request for Proposal:
“We Live in Funny Times “– a call for art to amuse, intrigue, surprise, uplift, and inspire.
Sponsored by an anonymous donor to the Juneau Arts and Humanities Council: $1800, artist’s fee + expenses.
Open to all residents of Juneau.
Application deadline July 20,2020.
The piece may be permanent or temporary, but should last for some period of time (at least one month) to allow for the citizenry to enjoy it.
All genres will be considered, provided the proposal meets the goal and criteria.
Art work must reflect the mission and core values of the Juneau Arts and Humanities:
The Juneau Arts & Humanities Council cultivates vibrant arts and cultural opportunities and is a leader in building a strong, prosperous community where creativity and innovation thrive.
• Build community
• Welcome inclusivity
• Encourage creativity and innovation
• Enrich Juneau’s quality of life
• Educate through arts and cultures
• Serve Juneau and surrounding Southeast Alaska communities
• Promote Creative Economy
Out of doors, location to be selected and secured by the artist, in the City and Borough of Juneau, and must be easily accessible by the public.
$1800, including the artist’s fee and all supplies, permits, or other expenses.
• Name, Address, contact information
• Statement of Interest (300 words max)
• Project proposal:
o Overview and description
o Location, and necessary permits identified.
o Sketch or other sample of the proposal
Application deadline: July 20, 2020
Proposals will be reviewed by a panel of five individuals. The panelists will include two members of the Juneau Arts and Humanities Council Board of Trustees who serve on the Artist Goals committee, a representative from the Youth Arts Council, a representative from the donor, and a community member.
• Creativity, Whimsy and capacity to delight;
• Meets the mission of the Arts Council and addresses its values;
• Is located appropriately within the Borough;
• Fulfills the requirements of the application process.
Selection will be made by July 31, 2020.