Local Arts Organizations
Juneau enjoys a thriving, active, diverse, and amazing arts community.
World class theater, two opera companies, two dance companies, a community orchestra and several chamber ensembles, choirs, and an abundance of arts groups create an amazing array for such a small town.
The Juneau Arts & Humanities Council serves as the umbrella organization for them all, providing support, encouragement, a place to gather and talk together about ways to build all of our programs.
- Alaska State Council on the Arts
- Alaska Folk Festival a unique annual "folk life" event
- Alaska State Museum a wonderful collection with special exhibits regularly.
- Alaska Youth Choir advanced choral opportunities for Juneau youth to promote excellence in choral singing and encourage a lifelong learning and enjoyment of music
- Arts Ed Consortium committed to preparing and supporting educators so that they can teach the arts across the curriculum
- Cancer Connection assisting people living with cancer, their families, and support systems.
- Juneau Black Awareness Association an educational, service and social organization dedicated to addressing the needs of people of Black American heritage in the community of Juneau, Alaska.
- Juneau Economic Development Council implementing initiatives to maintain, expand, and create economic opportunities in Juneau, Alaska.
- Juneau Jazz & Classics an annual festival of live, professional music
- Juneau Lyric Opera Company provides singing, theatrical and choral opportunities for the people of our community
- Juneau Dance Theater provides high quality instruction, performance opportunities.
- TAFY Dance Studio provides an environment where our students are free to become the best versions of themselves (in the studio, on the stage, and in every area of their lives).
- Juneau Symphony giving local musicians a platform to perform and develop musically, to provide live symphonic music for the community, and to offer musical opportunities and support for youth.
- KTOO/KXLL/KRNN public media from Alaska's Capital.
- Mudrooms Real People, Real Stories. Tell yours!
- Perseverance Theatre dedicated to "tapping the potential of Alaska through the passionate creation and presentation of theatre."
- Theater at Latitude 58 furthering education and promoting personal excellence in theater by providing quality theatrical instruction and performance opportunities for all ages in a supportive and inclusive environment, committed to diversity, inclusive community, and empowering voice.
- Theater Alaska brings vibrant theatrical events directly into community spaces. We are a theater for all and create accessibility to the arts through equity and inclusion.
- Juneau Alaska Music Matters (JAMM) a tuition-free music program, which uses the power of music and the social experience of ensemble to help youth reach their fullest potential.