Eligibility & Award Information:
- Eligibility: individuals and organizations
- Subject: all creative projects
- Award Amount: maximum $500
- Award Dates/Due: Sept 15 / Dec 15 / Mar 15 / Jun 15 (quarterly)
Catalyst Grants are designed to help support new or emerging projects and opportunities that are not included in other grant applications. Catalyst Grants assist individual artists and/or arts organization with projects of artistic and/or cultural merit whose primary purpose is to encourage creative expression, stimulate understanding and appreciation of the arts and humanities, and to encourage community support of the arts and humanities. Awards are made until the budget is depleted for the year.
To qualify for the Catalyst Grant, the applicant must:
- Show how the proposed project will benefit the general community.
- Have been a Juneau resident or resident of Southeast Alaska for the past year, currently residing here; and planning to reside in Juneau for the duration of the grant project. Preferential consideration will be given to Juneau-based proposals.
- Not have received a New Opportunities or Catalyst Grant from JAHC in the previous grant cycle, and have received fewer than four of them in total.
- Fulfilled all reporting requirements for any prior grant award.
GRANT REVIEW CRITERIA
Catalyst Grants are awarded based on the following criteria, listed in order of importance:
- Compatibility with JAHC's core values: Community, Education, Enrichment and Creativity;
- Artistic quality of the project.
- Project represents a new initiative or project not funded through any other JAHC or CBJ funding sources.
- Benefit and impact of the proposed project for the larger community;
- Ability of applicant to manage arts /humanities programs, projects, events, based on past experience;
- Likelihood of project succeeding within proposed budget;
- Prior compliance with JAHC grant policies,
- Applicant’s financial need according to submitted budget and rationale;
- The application is complete and the applicant meets the general eligibility requirements.