Welcome back to the JACC and Centennial Hall
We're now open at both of our facilities in Downtown Juneau! We're doing our part to curb the spread of COVID-19 and keep the community safe, while still hosting and producing events. We ask that you take a moment to read through our policies and guidelines before you attend an event at the JACC and/or Centennial Hall.
For prospective facility renters, please scroll down to read more about event planning during the pandemic and things to keep in mind as you reserve our spaces for your event.
To read the current CBJ community mitigation measures and to see what level we are at please visit the CBJ COVID-19 Dashboard.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE JACC & CENTENNIAL HALL
We are following all CBJ mitigation measures in our facilities. For any public and private events taking place at the JACC or Centennial Hall, the JAHC COVID-19 Policy is:
- Masks must be worn in both buildings at all times if there is a mixed group of vaccinated and unvaccinated people present and anytime CBJ community mitigation measures require it.
- Social distancing needs to be maintained in all mixed group events from people not in households or bubbles.
- If patrons or staff are feeling ill or have COVID-19 symptoms, we ask they not enter the buildings.
- If a patron or staff is a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 recently we ask that they not enter the building unless they have a negative COVID test.
- We ask that all patrons and staff keep up good hand hygiene by employing the touchless hand sanitizers throughout the buildings and by washing hands after eating, using the restroom or touching your face.
- JAHC staff work to keep the building clean and sanitized to protect patrons.
- All renters will need to create a mitigation plan for their events and sign a COVID-19 addendum while the CBJ mitigation measures are still in place. We are happy to help work with you to figure out an approach that will work for your event, or you can also visit the state sponsored Plan Safer Events website for additional resources and assistance.
COVID-19 POLICIES FOR ALL JAHC SPONSORED EVENTS
The JAHC Board of Trustees, in the interest of protecting our patrons and staff, and in compliance with national recommendations, have established that people need to be masked and show proof of vaccination to attend JAHC sponsored events.
Proof of vaccination can include:
- A photograph of a vaccination card
- A physical vaccination card
- A digital copy of vaccination record
JAHC sponsored events include the following:
- First Friday openings and Gallery Walk at the JACC and Centennial Hall
- Wearable Art
- Indoor Markets at the JACC
- Juneau Piano Series Concerts
- In-person classes like Art Glasses
COVID-19 AND FACILITIY RENTAL INFORMATION
Centennial Hall and the Juneau Arts and Culture Center (the JACC) are now currently open and available for rentals. While we continue to navigate the Pandemic, for those who are needing to cancel their events outright due to either Covid capacity restrictions or their event no longer being viable due to Covid safety concerns will be offered a full refund of your deposit, with no cancellation penalty. Please make sure to cancel your event in writing with Joselyn Ribao (contact info is listed below) for our records. If yours is an annual event, we are also more than happy to apply this year’s deposit to next year’s event. Events that want to cancel for any other reason will still need to follow our standard cancellation policy.
For those wishing to try a reschedule of your event, we will work with you to the best of our ability. But please do bear in mind that there are limited days available as there are many annual events that have already booked much of the available time. If you are able to be flexible about dates, and what days during the week you are willing to have your event, we may have better luck finding you a new date.